Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Heart of Change

For a leadership and change class this semester I read The Heart of Change by John P. Kotter. I learned a lot, wrote a paper and made a visual presentation. I decided to share my visual presentation with you.

I could have done a power point presentation or some such thing, but let's face it- power point may be the leading cause of mortality among college students and professionals who attend business meetings... at least at this point in the semester.

Instead, I did an infographic with the help of Piktochart.

First, you must know that the heart of change is an 8-step change process, as follows:

Step 1: Increase Urgency
Step 2: Build the Guiding Team
Step 3: Get the Vision Right
Step 4: Communicate for Buy-in
Step 5: Empower Action
Step 6: Create Short-Term Wins
Step 7: Don't Let Up
Step 8: Make Change Stick


Of course, my paper went into more detail and explanation, but that is what the paper is for. The visual is for intrigue, or attention grabbing, or perhaps just to make you curious.

2 comments:

  1. Mamie,

    Kotter's text was a great read. Nice infographic. It's great that you are highlighting such a pressing issue that many do not realize the extremities of. I recently had the opportunity to attend a hearing with the Department of Homeland Security. I'm not sure if you heard about their Blue Campaign, but it is their new initiative to work toward combatting the alarming domestic rate of human/sex trafficking. This is indeed an issue that needs more awareness and getting more people to act is just the start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kotters text was extremely interesting I really thought it was an eye opener. This is a very important topic that should be talked about more often.

    ReplyDelete